Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Please see QENG-3368 for initial investigation and discussion. Some leftover questions from that ticket include:
- Is the memory leak in Beaker, Puppet acceptance tests/lib, or a related Gem file?
- If it's beaker, what version (or better, which commit/PR) introduces this memory leak?
- Is it correlated with amount of time that the test run takes?
- I think Colin Creeden has noticed some correlation with the occurrence of oom-kills with tests that take longer than 2 hours--is that right?
- Are other projects testing against Solaris 11 that we could compare memory footprint to? This could help provide evidence of just where the memory leak is coming from.
- Is this apparent memory leak correlated with Ruby versions?
Most of these questions I suspect could be answered by running puppet-agent acceptance manually (not in CI) with Beaker tricked out to produce function call counts and heap consumption information. Variables to be aware of during this process (conditions under which memory leaks were noted in QENG-3368 marked in parenthesis):
- Ruby version (2.1.1)
- Beaker version (2.31.0 and later)
- OS/Platform (Debian 7.8)
It's also a good idea to consider alternatives to the memory leak theory, although nothing is coming to mind immediately.