Some of my manifests fail after updating to puppet-agent 1.2.1-1wheezy. It seems that the $::fqdn fact no longer included the domain name for my system.
I tracked this down to the order of entries in /etc/hosts. It fails as above when /etc/hosts contains the following line:
I changed that line to the following:
Then facter works as before:
It seems that Facter 3 suddenly relies on the order of host aliases in /etc/hosts which is different from what Facter 2.x did.
In my environment I prefer to have the host alias without domain name in the first place as other software packages already rely on the order of entries.