- Plan for upgrading modules to beaker 4
- Plan for upgrading gems to beaker 4
Current state of play:
- Tested beaker4 on a cross platform module. puppetlabs-stdlib PR It also passed through travis and jenkins testing windows / nux - *COMPLETE
- APT PR proof of concept testing beaker 4 passing through jenkins / travis - COMPLETE
- Update puppet-module-gems to use Beaker 3 <currently these dependencies are implemented per module in .sync.yml> - COMPLETE PR
- Test against cross-platform (windows and linux) and multiple versions of ruby. - COMPLETE
- Release puppet-module-gems - COMPLETE
- Using pdksync update all modules. specifically cleaning .sync.yml removal of hardcoded gem section - COMPLETE
- <we can now push beaker 4 changed globally>
- Merge https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker-pe/pull/124 - COMPLETE
- Release beaker-pe gem - COMPLETE
- Update puppet-module-gems to reference beaker 4 - IN PROGRESS
- Test against cross-platform (windows and linux) and multiple versions of ruby. - IN PROGRESS
- Release puppet-module-gems
- Merge spec_helper_acceptance changes
- Using pdksync update all modules. specifically spec_helper_acceptance.rb to include new require's and also configure_type_defaults_on call
- Retrospectively fix gem dependencies in all beaker helper gems.
Currently we are testing on beaker v3. There may be significant work upgrading our modules to run beaker 4. This may also include dependency bumps in modules and gems.
We will need to come up with a plan on upgrading these.
Here is an upgrade guide: https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker/blob/4.0.0/docs/how_to/upgrade_from_3_to_4.md
Dakota Schneider is prepared to work alongside our team to work on the upgrade and would appreciate us testing the following before merge: https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker-rspec/pull/95/files
- relates to
MODULES-7659 Beaker 4.0 has broken Windows Modules pipelines