Recommendation from Michael Smith: (mostly copied/pasted from a conversation in Puppet Core, related to this PR):
- It seems like we should stage merging puppet-agent#master to stable, all the components that merge master to stable, and include the SHAs of those components in the p-a merge-up.
- Then kick off a smoke test job.
- Makes sense to have something that codifies merging multiple related branches, and defaults to merging all the things that could change at once.
- Having a way to explicitly exclude some components makes sense. This should help avoid the mistake of failing to include something that was needed.
- Most of the work could actually be done by a rake task, or something in Vanagon.
- The advantage to a Jenkins job is it provides a nice view of default parameters, and allows others to review the process if something went wrong.