Resolution: Won't Do
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
I have a multiple environment puppet server set up with the following structure: there are five environments. each one has a separate fileserverconfig variable pointing to a different fileserver.conf file. Each fileserver.conf file has a different path setting for [files].
However, it only seems to read the first one. No matter which environment I use, it points to the "development" environment. This isn't the behavior I was expecting.
- Where Puppet stores dynamic and growing data.
- The default value is '/var/puppet'.
vardir = /var/lib/puppet
- The Puppet log directory.
- The default value is '$vardir/log'.
logdir = /var/log/puppet
- Where Puppet PID files are kept.
- The default value is '$vardir/run'.
rundir = /var/run/puppet
- Where SSL certificates are kept.
- The default value is '$confdir/ssl'.
ssldir = $vardir/ssl
pluginsync = true
factpath = $vardir/lib/facter
modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules
- The file in which puppetd stores a list of the classes
- associated with the retrieved configuratiion. Can be loaded in
- the separate ``puppet`` executable using the ``--loadclasses``
- The default value is '$confdir/classes.txt'.
classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
- Where puppetd caches the local configuration. An
- extension indicating the cache format is added automatically.
- The default value is '$confdir/localconfig'.
localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
server = pupp002.ir.dc
- splay = true
runinterval = 600
report = true
reportdir = /var/lib/puppet/reports
reports = puppet_dashboard
manifest = /home/svn/puppet/repo/manifests/site.pp
modulepath = /home/svn/puppet/repo/modules
fileserverconfig = /etc/puppet/fileserver.conf.development
manifest = /home/svn/puppet/releases/qa/puppet/manifests/site.pp
modulepath = /home/svn/puppet/releases/qa/puppet/modules
fileserverconfig = /etc/puppet/fileserver.conf.qa
manifest = /home/svn/puppet/releases/staging/puppet/manifests/site.pp
modulepath = /home/svn/puppet/releases/staging/puppet/modules
fileserverconfig = /etc/puppet/fileserver.conf.staging
manifest = /home/svn/puppet/releases/prodtest/puppet/manifests/site.pp
modulepath = /home/svn/puppet/releases/prodtest/puppet/modules
fileserverconfig = /etc/puppet/fileserver.conf.prodtest
manifest = /home/svn/puppet/releases/prod/puppet/manifests/site.pp
modulepath = /home/svn/puppet/releases/prod/puppet/modules
fileserverconfig = /etc/puppet/fileserver.conf.prod
and one of the fileserver.confs:
- This file consists of arbitrarily named sections/modules
- defining where files are served from and to whom
- Define a section 'files'
- Adapt the allow/deny settings to your needs. Order
- for allow/deny does not matter, allow always takes precedence
- over deny
- path /var/lib/puppet/files
- allow *.example.com
- deny *.evil.example.com
- allow 192.168.0.0/24