Affects Version/s: PUP 3.8.7
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Types and Providers
CentOS 7.2, latest
QA Risk Assessment:Needs Assessment
We are trying to deploy an instance centos that uses puppet to install and configure services. We use puppet apply to setup and configure the system until passenger is available to serve responses from apache.
We receive the following error
Running this code with puppet agent fails, however a puppet apply works as expected.
The failure is perplexing. This code is verbatim from upstream katello so it is widely used. The failure is repeatable.
To reproduce this issue;
1. We install and configure networking on a bare CentOS host from an ISO.
2. Yum update.
3. sudo rpm -ivh https://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-el-7.noarch.rpm
4. yum install puppetserver
5. puppet module install katello-certs –verbose
6. Configure dnsmasq locally to point the names ‘foreman’ and ‘puppet’ to 127.0.0.1.
7. Configure manifest
8. Systemctl start puppetserver
9. Puppet agent–t –debug –trace
Specific questions to IRC at #theforeman, #theforeman-dev and theforeman@googlegroups has yielded no response.
I suspect it is a puppet language/ruby issue whereby the parameter 'ca' is not of the type Puppet::Resource for an agent run but is for an apply?
More generally, we are invoking classes in the style of katello-answers.yaml to install and configure other components. Which works well with puppet apply, however fails with puppet agent. The above instructions are to reproduce the issue we experience.