We should have a rake task or Jenkins job that pulls down the newly built puppet gem and runs smoke tests on it. We need to decide what is meaningful to test and how it should be invoked.
- Smoke test may include puppet --version, a simple puppet apply (perhaps using a notify).
- Targets should include four platform combinations: generic, universal darwin, windows-x86, windows-x64.
- Test should live in component acceptance suite.
- Differing platform-specific gem dependencies are a consideration/constraint.
- Need a recent ruby installed on the system running the test.