Affects Version/s: PUP 4.7.0, PUP 4.8.2, PUP 4.9.4, PUP 4.10.0
Fix Version/s: None
QA Risk Assessment:Needs Assessment
1. Using PE, set the environment of your agent to production_redhat by making an environment group in the classifier and pinning your node to it.
2. Install puppetlabs/stdlib into the production_redhat environment and make sure it is not installed in the production environment.
3. Run your puppet agent and see the successful pluginsync
4. Muck up /etc/hosts so that the fqdn of the master is no longer reachable
5. Run your puppet agent and see that the agent removes all of the custom facts / fucntions/ etc... from stdlib.
6. Un-muck /etc/hosts
7. Run puppet agent and see that the agent re-pluginsyncs
8. Install the puppetlabs/stdlib module into the production environment
9. Repeat step 4 ( muck up /etc/hosts)
10. Run the agent and see that pluginsnyc does not remove the custom facts, etc...
If you cannot connect to the master you should not have all of your custom facts, etc... removed from the agent.