Uploaded image for project: 'Puppet'
  1. Puppet
  2. PUP-8517

module install against local repository fails

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Normal
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: PUP 5.3.3, PUP 5.4.0
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: PMT
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
    • Template:
      PUP Bug Template
    • Team:
      Puppet Developer Experience
    • Method Found:
      Needs Assessment
    • QA Risk Assessment:
      Needs Assessment

      Description

      I have built a new puppet environment based on the puppet 5 on RHEL-7.4 with SElinux in Permissive mode. I work in an environment that is not connected directly to the internet and as such maintain our own repository for puppet modules. My existing puppet 3.8.7 works as expected with this repository.

      Using both puppet-agent 5.3.3-1 & 5.4.0-1 I have been unable to download and install puppet modules from our repository. I can navigate the repository using a browser with no issues.

      The command and error I am getting is:

      puppet module install --trace --module_repository=http<SERVER>:8080 puppetlabs-stdlib
      Notice: Preparing to install into /etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/production/modules ...
      Notice: Downloading from http://<SERVER>:8080 ...
      Error: undefined method `gsub' for false:FalseClass
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/forge.rb:240:in `decode_uri'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/forge.rb:110:in `fetch'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:81:in `block in fetch_releases'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:80:in `each'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:80:in `fetch_releases'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:157:in `block in fetch_dependencies'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:155:in `each'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:155:in `fetch_dependencies'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/vendor/semantic_puppet/lib/semantic_puppet/dependency.rb:55:in `query'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/module_tool/applications/installer.rb:220:in `build_dependency_graph'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/module_tool/applications/installer.rb:91:in `run'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/module_tool/applications/application.rb:11:in `run'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/face/module/install.rb:132:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/interface/action.rb+eval[wrapper]:264:in `install'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/application/face_base.rb:247:in `main'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/application.rb:383:in `run_command'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/application.rb:375:in `block in run'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/util.rb:665:in `exit_on_fail'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/application.rb:375:in `run'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/util/command_line.rb:137:in `run'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/util command_line.rb:73:in `execute'
      /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/bin/puppet:5:in `<main>'
      Error: try 'puppet help module install' for usage
      
      

      This looks similar to PUP-8126

      This case has reported as being closed so I am not sure if the bug in question has crept back into the code. with my 5.3.3 instance I noticed that there was lines of code missing from the instance of /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/forge.rb that was on my system. I manually added the missing lines to my file but this didn't fix the problem and updated to 5.4.0 in an attempt to resolve the issue.

      All of the RPM's have been sourced from yum.puppetlabs.com/

        Attachments

          Activity

            jsd-sla-details-panel

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                barryh Barry Haycock
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Zendesk Support