Affects Version/s: r10k 2.0.0
Release Notes:Bug Fix
Release Notes Summary:r10k in Puppet Enterprise 2015.2.0 will fail to download PE-only modules and this is resolved in the 2015.2.1 patch release. In the interim puppet module install will work.
r10k on Puppet Enterprise 2015.2 fails to download enterprise modules whereas the puppet modules tool succeeds when attempting to install puppetlabs-vsphere.
When systems have a valid PE licence, R10K should be able to download enterprise modules such as https://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/vsphere
User will receive an error message when running R10K. On PE 3.8, user's will receive the error message Module puppetlabs-vsphere with args  doesn't have an implementation if the name in the Puppetfile contains a hyphen. If this is replaced with a / R10K is able to download and install enterprise modules on this version of puppet.
On PE 2015, the exact same Puppetfile generates an error:
The r10k control repository should have the following entry in it's Puppetfile
Install a valid licence key and verify through the console
1. Ensure the r10k control repository containing the testcase is committed and pushed
2. Ensure the the r10k control repository is referenced in the config file at /etc/puppetlabs/r10k/r10k.yaml
3. Run r10k on the command line of the puppet master, you will see an error similar to the following:
On the exact same machine, I am able to install enterprise modules using the puppet module tool, eg:
- Customer frustrated that enterprise modules have to be managed in a different and uncontrolled way (eg puppet module tool)
- This appears to be a regression
r10k should supply the required credentials to the forge or licensed modules should be freely downloadable.