[PDB-2354] PuppetDB 4.0.0 needs automated testing for upgrades from 2.3.8 Created: 2016/01/26  Updated: 2016/03/17  Resolved: 2016/03/14

Status: Closed
Project: PuppetDB
Component/s: None
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: PDB 4.0.0

Type: New Feature Priority: Normal
Reporter: Ryan Senior Assignee: Unassigned
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: burnside-ss
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified

Issue Links:
Relates
Template:
Epic Link: QA/QEng Phase 1
Story Points: 3
Sprint: PuppetDB 2016-02-10, PuppetDB 2016-03-09, PuppetDB 2016-03-23, PuppetDB 2016-02-24

 Description   

We currently upgrade from whatever the previous release was to current. We should add to that the ability to specific a specific long term stable release (currently 2.3.8) and ensure that we are able to upgrade from that to current.



 Comments   
Comment by Susan McNerney [ 2016/02/24 ]

Currently waiting on RE.

Comment by Susan McNerney [ 2016/03/03 ]

Michael Stahnke do you have an ETA for this? PDB 4.0.0's release date really can't be set until we know when this will be resolved.

Comment by Susan McNerney [ 2016/03/09 ]

Marked this ticket a ship stopper as it blocks the release of PDB 4.0.0, a Burnside dependency. The issue is related to packaging/upgrade of the PDB FOSS CLI.

RE is stretched thin and does not have time to work on this as of this comment; Ryan is looking into it himself, but doesn't have the background in this area to make quick progress.

PDB team is dedicating about 1/3 of this sprint to addressing this issue and the release of PDB 4.0.0.

Comment by Michael Stahnke [ 2016/03/09 ]

We're still working on getting upgrades working in all scenarios. We solved 2.3.8 to 4 fairly easily. The item being looked at now is 2.3.8 -> 3.y upgrades (which have nothing to do with PE, AFAIK).

Comment by Rob Braden [ 2016/03/09 ]

We're working on the issue, unsure what the testing implications are. Is that accomplished by the existing PE upgrade test matrices?

Comment by Michael Stahnke [ 2016/03/11 ]

The upgrade issue is being resolved in the puppetdb module. AJ Roetker is working on the fix.

Is there anything else needed here from RE?

Comment by Rob Braden [ 2016/03/14 ]

Per AJ Roetker and Ryan Senior, only FOSS-side work remains - touching the upgrade test pipeline matrix. Removing the Burnside-ss label.

Comment by Susan McNerney [ 2016/03/14 ]

re-applying burnside-ss label; we need this for reporting after the release. Understood that it is no longer blocking PE.

Generated at Mon Sep 23 06:02:29 PDT 2019 using JIRA 7.7.1#77002-sha1:e75ca93d5574d9409c0630b81c894d9065296414.